[vtkusers] Problem vtkTriangleFilter not working with vtk-5.3.x

Elvis Dowson elvis.dowson at mac.com
Wed Nov 5 14:50:32 EST 2008

Hi,
        I'm using vtk-5.3.x and I have a problem trying to get
vtkTriangleFilter to work.

vtkGeometryFilter geom
   geom DebugOn
   geom SetInputConnection [surface1 GetOutputPort]

vtkTriangleFilter triangles
    triangles DebugOn
    triangles SetInput [geom GetOutput]
    triangles Update

Gives the following output:

Debug: In /Users/elvis/Tool/vtk-5.x/src/VTK/Graphics/
vtkTriangleFilter.cxx, line 233
vtkTriangleFilter (0x6131b70): Converted 0input cells to 0 output cells

The Geometry filter is doing its job I think, since it doesn't
complain in Debug mode and there is data in the pipeline upto the
Geometry filter, but the triangle filter is failing completely.

What could the reason for this be? Why is the triangle filter not
working?

Best regards,

Elvis Dowson