[vtkusers] How to drape land surface image over 3D terrain surface recreated from DTED or DEM data

Elvis Dowson elvis.dowson at mac.com
Sun Nov 2 04:25:11 EST 2008

Hi,
       What approach should I use to drape a land surface image
(normal photographic image) over a 3D terrain surface, that has been
generated from DTED or DEM data? For example, we have the St.Helen's
DEM file that creates a 3D terrain surface. Suppose I have a
photograph over the same location, how can I drape the image over the
3D terrain surface, to get the same type of results as Google Maps?

Best regards,

Elvis Dowson