[vtkusers] QVTKWidget Size In Container Widget

John Eke johne at annidis.com
Mon May 26 11:57:43 EDT 2008

Hi,

I have subclassed QVTKWidget, and created two of these widgets inside a
frame using horizontal layout. I also set their size policies so that
combined, they occupy the entire container (the frame). But for some
reason when the app runs, these two QVTKWidget sub classes initialize to
a tiny boxes at the top left of the area they are supposed to fill. I
also noticed that if I watch for a while, the entire application
freezes. Then by clicking anywhere in the entire application, both
widgets then occupy the actual region they are supposed to then all is fine.

This is very wierd behaviour, I am fairly new to VTK as a whole. I have
tried to manually call resize() in the constructor of the subclasses,
and I have also tried to call resize() in the constructor of the main
window that initializes the two instances of the subclass. Still nothing.

Has anyone experienced this before? I think maybe there is something
QVTK specific that I am not initializing

Thanks

- John