[vtkusers] Loading textured model in VTK????

Chavdar Papazov chenkaz at yahoo.com
Fri May 23 12:54:34 EDT 2008

Hi,

how can I import a simple cube with some texture attached to it
in VTK??? This should be the simplest task on earth....

I have tried all importers (vtk3DSImporter and vtkVRMLImporter)
and several Readers (vtkOBJReader, vtkSTLReader) but no one
is able to import the texture!!

It is unbelievable that there is no simple possibility to do this
in VTK! Or maybe there is other way (I cant use the vtk-native-
files, because there are no common 3d-programs (like 3dsmax
or DeepExploration), that are able to produce vtk-files).

Thanks a lot.
Chavo