[vtkusers] Problem with vtkRenderWindowInteractor with more than one widget

Ken Evans evans at aps.anl.gov
Fri May 23 10:53:52 EDT 2008

Greg,

Thanks for the reply.  I was afraid the situation was as you described.  I
appreciate the good information and the help with the workaround.

>> The real way to fix this would be to re-implement or
>> subclass the interactor

Yes.  It's too bad it can't be reimplemented in the original.  It seems a
behavior such as with P would be a better interactor for everyone.  However,
the lack of response indicates no one is likely to be taking on that task.

I don't know how to subclass from Python.  Perhaps, given enough time I
could do it in C, but at this time it's not a sufficiently critical issue
for me to spend that amount of time.

Thanks again for responding.

	-Ken