[vtkusers] 3d reconstruction

Cameron Burnett w_e_b_m_a_s_t_e_r_6_9 at hotmail.com
Wed May 21 17:54:44 EDT 2008

Well, I'd say there would definately be an error because you called your vtkVolumeProperty "property" when that is a reserved name (it is blue text).

Also, if you're having problems with your colours or opacity try this....

  vtkPiecewiseFunction *opacityTransferFunction = vtkPiecewiseFunction::New();
  opacityTransferFunction->AddPoint( 70.0, 0.0 );
  opacityTransferFunction->AddPoint( 100.0, 0.2 );
  opacityTransferFunction->AddPoint( 50000.0, 0.2 );
  opacityTransferFunction->AddPoint( 50005.0, 0.0 );

  vtkColorTransferFunction* colorTransferFunction = vtkColorTransferFunction::New();
  colorTransferFunction->AddRGBPoint( 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0 );
  colorTransferFunction->AddRGBPoint( 300.0, 1.0, 1.0, 0.0 );
  colorTransferFunction->AddRGBPoint( 600.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0 );
  colorTransferFunction->AddRGBPoint( 900.0, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0 );
  colorTransferFunction->AddRGBPoint( 1200.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0 );
  colorTransferFunction->AddRGBPoint( 1500.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1.0 );
  colorTransferFunction->AddRGBPoint( 1800.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0 );

I have absolutely NO idea how to obtain these points, but I guess it works fine. Maybe try changing the numbers to see what it does.