[vtkusers] 3d reconstruction

Alosha [Dread_Lord] cocorim at hotmail.fr
Wed May 21 11:05:33 EDT 2008

Thank you for your answer.

The vtkDicomImageReader actually works, but I have some LINK error while instantiating vtkVolumeRayCastMapper.

( vtkVolumeRayCastMapper *mapper = vtkVolumeRayCastMapper::New() )

Anyway, is the vtkDicomImageReader build a 3D mesh using the 2D dicom serie, or just generate a data set ?

In this last case, how can I display it in my igstk::View3D ? I suppose I have to build a mesh with it ?

I guess there is a VTK class which takes a volume VTK data set and build a mesh with it, but I don't know which class :S.

Anyway, thanks for your answer, and I'm all ears if anyone knows how to generate a 3D object from my 2D Dicom series for displaying in a igstk::View3D

From: w_e_b_m_a_s_t_e_r_6_9 at hotmail.comTo: cocorim at hotmail.frCC: vtkusers at vtk.orgSubject: RE: [vtkusers] 3d reconstructionDate: Thu, 22 May 2008 00:44:50 +1000

You can actually read in a DICOM file as a 3D object just using VTK.vtkDICOMImageReader *dicomReader = vtkDICOMImageReader::New();  dicomReader->SetDirectoryName( "C:\\dicomfolder\\");Have a look at Ray Cast Mapping as well (vtkVolumeRayCastMapper). I'm not sure if there is a better way though. With this approach, the image has to reduce its image quality (goes a bit blurry) while you move the camera. Then once you are finished moving around it will return to its original quality.Alternatively you can read it in using ITK, and then convert it back to VTK. I haven't tried this, so maybe someone can let you know the best way to do it.Regards,Cameron.

From: cocorim at hotmail.frTo: vtkusers at vtk.orgDate: Wed, 21 May 2008 13:48:12 +0200Subject: [vtkusers] 3d reconstruction

Hi all ! Maybe the problem has already been exposed, and I'm sorry if it was. I've managed to made a basic DICOM Viewer. It has 4 views ; 3 views to axial, coronal ans sagittal orientation, and a tridimentionnal view for 3d reconstruction. I'm using igstk::View2D and igstk::View3D. I instantiate a CTImageSpatialObject in which I put the CT Image from the CTImageReader.Then I put the CTImageSpatialObject into a CTImageSpatialObjectRepresentation and I give it to the igstk::View2D. It's working properly and I can navigate into slides in the three 2D views. My problems is now how to perform a 3D reconstruction of the DICOM and display it in the 3D View. I've search on the net and on the mailing list for some help, but all this is still a little unclear to me.I just know that ITK and VTK has to be used, but I have no idea of how. If you can help me on that or at least show me the way for begin, I would be very greatfull. Thanks a lot !

Discutez gratuitement avec vos amis en vidéo ! Téléchargez Messenger, c'est gratuit !

Click here Search for local singles online @ Lavalife.