[vtkusers] vtkPolygon::PointInPolygon 's parameters

rashedk rashed.vtk at googlemail.com
Wed May 21 08:01:59 EDT 2008

Hi everyone,

I cant find any reference in the documentation about the parameters of the
static function vtkPolygon::PointInPolygon

Here is the signature:
int 	PointInPolygon (float x[3], int numPts, float *pts, float bounds[6],
float n[3])

Especially with regards to the 4th parameter bounds[6]. If I have four
corner points of a polygon (i.e. plane) for example, how do I compute
bounds? Are these the min-max of each x,y,z component for the four corner
points?

Thanks,
Rashed