[vtkusers] 3d reconstruction

Alosha [Dread_Lord] cocorim at hotmail.fr
Wed May 21 07:48:12 EDT 2008

Hi all !

Maybe the problem has already been exposed, and I'm sorry if it was.

I've managed to made a basic DICOM Viewer. It has 4 views ; 3 views to axial, coronal ans sagittal orientation, and a tridimentionnal view for 3d reconstruction.

I'm using igstk::View2D and igstk::View3D.

I instantiate a CTImageSpatialObject in which I put the CT Image from the CTImageReader.
Then I put the CTImageSpatialObject into a CTImageSpatialObjectRepresentation and I give it to the igstk::View2D.

It's working properly and I can navigate into slides in the three 2D views.

My problems is now how to perform a 3D reconstruction of the DICOM and display it in the 3D View.

I've search on the net and on the mailing list for some help, but all this is still a little unclear to me.
I just know that ITK and VTK has to be used, but I have no idea of how.

If you can help me on that or at least show me the way for begin, I would be very greatfull.

Thanks a lot !