[vtkusers] python programmable filter / paraview

Bryn Lloyd blloyd at vision.ee.ethz.ch
Wed May 21 06:29:40 EDT 2008

Hi users

I wanted to visualize point ids in paraview, but I could not find a way
to do this.

One of the approaches I tried, was to use the programmable filter and a
vtkIdFilter + vtkLabeledDataMapper.

Unfortunately, neither of these classes were located by the programmable
filter ("AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute
'vtkLabeledDataMapper'"). This simple python code fails:

------------

from paraview import vtk
ldm = vtk.vtkLabeledDataMapper()

------------

Does anybody know what I am doing wrong, or why this does not work? I
checked if the vtk filters are in the paraview source directory: They are!

Thanks for any hints/help

Cheers, Bryn

Bryn Lloyd
Computer Vision Laboratory