[vtkusers] VTK Build Error on Ubuntu 8.04: TCL Conversion Error

Amy Squillacote ahs at cfdrc.com
Tue May 20 12:09:50 EDT 2008

Hi David,

I'm seeing similar behavior on my Windows machine. I have a CVS checkout
of VTK from May 5, 2008. I'm using the Visual C++ 2005 Express compiler.
I've turned on wrapping for Tcl (v. 8.5), Java (v. 1.5.0_13), and Python
(v. 2.5); none of these are development versions, and I'm using
pre-compiled versions of all of them.

I get the error message the John reported in Filtering (same test), but
I also get an error message for most of the other VTK kits: Rendering -
assembly.tcl, VolumeRendering - gaussian.tcl, IO - dem.tcl, Imaging -
ContinuousClose2D.tcl, Hybrid - 3DMorph.tcl, Parallel - RectOutline.tcl,
Filtering - closedSplines.tcl, Graphics - AutomaticPlaneGeneration.tcl.
For each of these kits, this is the 1st test listed in the
Testing/Tcl/CMakeLists.txt file. This was a fresh compile. I saw this
behavior on an earlier build of VTK, but it didn't stop me from installing.

I just hit "Compile" in Visual Studio to see if a 2nd build (without
starting from a fresh build tree) would make any difference, but I still
see the same results.

- Amy