[vtkusers] How to change pixel color?

yenanqu at scs.fsu.edu yenanqu at scs.fsu.edu
Fri May 16 14:27:11 EDT 2008

  How to get pointer from vtkImageData is the hardest thing,which I
still can not make it.

//id is vtkImageData
int *uExtent = id->GetUpdateExtent();
pPix = (unsigned char*)id->GetScalarPointer(uExtent[0], uExtent[2],
uExtent[4]);

  or

  pPix = (unsigned char*)id->GetScalarPointer();

the only method I could find out. It didn't work for me. try it to see
if it works for you.

Yenan

Quoting Mark Wyszomierski <markww at gmail.com>:

> Yeah once you get a pointer to the pixel data in vtkImageData you can
> manipulate it however you want. It's just an array of values.
>
> Mark
>
> On 5/16/08, yenanqu at scs.fsu.edu <yenanqu at scs.fsu.edu> wrote:
>> Did you retrieve pixel data from vtkImageData seccessfully?
>>

>> Yenan
>> Quoting Romuald BERTRAND <beromuald at wanadoo.fr>:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I have to display an image for my work. After, I have to change the
>>> color of several pixels, I don't know why. I have a vtkImageData,
>>> and I have search some methods to set the scalars of the pixels
>>> which are stored in, but I don't arrived.
>>>
>>> Someone could help me?
>>>
>>> Thanks for answers.
>>>
>>> Romuald
>>>
>>> --