[vtkusers] How to converting coordinates from dataset to view?

Wagner Sales wsales at gmail.com
Wed May 14 14:37:21 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I'm trying to show marked points in a 2D view from a dataset in 3D view of
segmented data from this dataset. To explain more:
a) I have a DICOM dataset
b) In 2D view I was marked some points to use in segmentation, done by ITK.
The segmentation works fine, then I think my points are marked ok.
c) After segmentation, I extract the polydata and show in a 3D view.
d) Then, I try to create new points in 2D view and show in 3D. The points
are created, but in 3D appears in a different location.
Well, I think I need to convert the coordinates from the point and after
that set manually the position of the point (a vtkActor) in 3D view.

Are I'm correct? If yes, how to convert these coordinates? Are another more
simple approach?

Tks for any help,

Wagner Sales