[vtkusers] Problem with vtkRenderWindowInteractor with more than one widget

Kenneth Evans evans at aps.anl.gov
Tue May 13 15:52:42 EDT 2008

Hi,

I would like to use vtkRenderWindowInteractorwith more than one widget.
Attached is an example that is like cone6.py but with a sphere added.  The
problem is that if I type "i" in the window, it only toggles the
vtkBoxWidget on the cone and not on the sphere.

In contrast, if I type "p" on either the cone or the sphere, it draws the
pick box about that one --- the behavior I would think one would want.

Is this a shortcoming of the vtkRenderWindowInteractor or am I doing
something wrong?  It would be nice to be able to make a vtk3DWidget-type
widget appear and disappear independently on _any_ so-equiped object in the
scene.

Is there a way around it?  (I would like to use this in Python or Java, so
inheritance is not the way to go.  The fact that it happens in C++ indicates
it is in the implementation, not in the wrappers.

Thanks,

	-Ken