[vtkusers] Interpolating between contours (resampling MRI data)

Marius Erdt marius.erdt at gmx.de
Tue May 13 06:21:14 EDT 2008

Hi,

I've got MRI data that needs to be resampled to isotropic voxel
dimensions. While the resampling of the voxel data set is not the
problem, there are also contours in every slice which need to be
interpolated as well. The contours themselves are single point sets for
each slice.

My question is now how to interpolate between the contours from the
different slices such that they match the isotropic (resampled) voxel
data set? That means, in every slice of the new resampled data set has
to be an appropriate contour.
I was thinking about generating a surface from the whole (3D) point
cloud and then slicing through the surface by defining cutting planes.
However, I don't know if there is a more straightforward way in VTK.

Does anyone know if there is an easy/common way to deal with such a
problem? If not, would the approach with cutting planes appropriate?

Thanks for any help,

Marius