[vtkusers] wxPython & VTK: How to Destroy wxVTKRenderWindow without errors?

Charl Botha c.p.botha at tudelft.nl
Sun May 11 04:27:47 EDT 2008

On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 6:01 AM, Kenneth Evans, Jr. <evans at aps.anl.gov> wrote:
> Thanks very much for the detailed instructions.  They seem to have worked.

Glad I could help!  Most people keeping their wxRW(I)s hanging around
until application end, so they never notice this problem.

> I am confused about the other lines.  First, I am mostly just using a
> wxVTKRenderWindow, not a wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor.  (I haven't, in fact,

I was assuming a wxVTKRWI.  The most important is the Finalize() call,
as this gets rid of all system resources (including the opengl
context).  The complete invocation I sent is a bit more paranoid and
tries to disconnect as much as possible in the case of a wxVTKRWI.

See you,
Charl