[vtkusers] Special Track "Computational Bioimaging and Visualization" within the ISVC08 USA - Announce & Call for Papers

João Manuel R. S. Tavares tavares at fe.up.pt
Fri May 9 14:32:26 EDT 2008

---------------------
(Apologies for cross-posting)

Special Track “Computational Bioimaging and Visualization”
International Symposium on Visual Computing (ISVC08)
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, December 1-3, 2008
http://www.isvc.net

We would appreciate if you could distribute this information by your
colleagues and co-workers.

---------------------

Dear Colleague,

Within the ISVC08 - International Symposium on Visual Computing
(http://www.isvc.net), to be held in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, in December
1-3, 2008, we are organizing the Special Track “Computational Bioimaging and
Visualization”.
The main goal of the Special Track “Computational Bioimaging and
Visualization” is to bring together researchers involved in the related
fields (Image Acquisition, Image Segmentation, Objects Tracking, Objects
Matching, Shape Reconstruction, Motion and Deformation Analysis, Medical
Imaging, Scientific Visualization, Software Development, Grid Computing,
etc.), in order to set the major lines of development for the near future.
Therefore, this Special Track will bring researchers representing various
fields related to Computational Vision, Computer Graphics, Computational
Mechanics, Scientific Visualization, Mathematics, Statistics, Medical
Imaging, etc. Thus, it will endeavor to contribute to obtain better
solutions for more realistic computational “living” models from images, and
attempts to establish a bridge between the researchers from these diverse
fields.

Due to your research activities in those fields, we would like to invite you
to submit your work and participate in the Special Track “Computational
Bioimaging and Visualization”.

Topics

In this Special Track the following topics will be considered (not limited
to):

- Image Processing and Analysis for Computational Bioimaging and
Visualization;
- Segmentation, Reconstruction, Tracking and Motion Analyse in Medical
Images;
- Biomedical Signal and Image Acquisition and Processing;
- Objects Simulation and Virtual Reality;
- Computer Aided Diagnosis, Surgery, Therapy, Treatment and Telemedicine
Systems;
- Software Development for Computational Bioimaging and Visualization;
- Grid and High Performance Computing for Computational Bioimaging and
Visualization.

Submission/Proceedings

Instructions for authors are available in the website of ISVC'08
(http://www.isvc.net/author.html).
Authors should submit electronically their contributions through the website
of ISVC'08 (http://www.isvc.net), selecting the Special Track “Computational
Bioimaging and Visualization”.
Accepted papers will appear in the symposium proceedings which will be
published by Springer-Verlag in the Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS)
series.

Important dates

- Submission deadline: July 21, 2008;
- Notification of acceptance: September 1, 2008;
- Camera-ready version: September 15, 2008.

Scientific Committee

Alberto De Santis, Italy
Ana Mafalda Reis, Portugal
Arrate Muñoz Barrutia, Spain
Barbara Caputo, Switzerland
Chang-Tsun Li, UK
Christos E. Constantinou, USA
Constantine Kotropoulos, Greece
Daniela Iacoviello, Italy
Dinggang Shen, USA
Eduardo Borges Pires, Portugal
Enrique Alegre Gutiérrez, Spain
Filipa Sousa, Portugal
Francisco Perales, Spain
Gerhard A. Holzapfel, Sweden
Hélder C. Rodrigues, Portugal
Hemerson Pistori, Brasil
João Manuel R. S. Tavares, Portugal
Jorge M. G. Barbosa, Portugal
Jorge S. Marques, Portugal
Jose M. García Aznar, Spain
Luís Paulo Reis, Portugal
Manuel González Hidalgo, Spain
Maria Elizete Kunkel, Germany
Michel A. Audette, Germany
Miguel Angel Guevara, Cuba
Patrick Dubois, France
Renato M. N. Jorge, Portugal
Reneta P. Barneva, USA
Roberto Bellotti, Italy
Sabina Tangaro, Italy
Samrat Goswami, USA
Sónia I. Gonçalves-Verheij, The Netherlands
Valentin Brimkov, USA
Yongjie Zhan, USA
Xavier Roca Marvà, Spain

With kind regards,

João Manuel R. S. Tavares - University of Porto, Portugal (tavares at fe.up.pt)
Renato Natal Jorge - University of Porto, Portugal (rnatal at fe.up.pt)
Samrat Goswami - University of Texas at Austin, USA (tarmas at gmail.com)
(Organizers of the Special Track “Computational Bioimaging and
Visualization)