[vtkusers] Pick an actor

polys_poly at hotmail.com polys_poly at hotmail.com
Thu May 8 18:56:18 EDT 2008

Hello,

this is what i am currently doing. I have created an application in C++ where i render a DICOM dataset. I also have some text files and each one contains a set of coordinates that form a polygon. With the rendered volume i also render the polygons (vtkActor). What i want to do is add to the application the functionality of selecting these polygons-actors. For example the user moves the mouse pointer on top of a polygon. He then presses "p" or another button, and the actor is picked so he can view the polygon's surface area.

If anyone has an example in C++ that does more or less what i wanna do or can give me some tips i would be really grateful since i need to do this asap and have no experience at all in observers, pickers, events etc!!!!

Thanks in advance