[vtkusers] How to add a polygon actor in the volume rendering?

Mark Jefferson mark.jefferson at qq.com
Tue May 6 21:56:43 EDT 2008

Hi,
   I am doing volume rendering now, and I want to add some polygon actors in it, for example, a cone, a sphere and so on. but I find these polygon actors would disappear if there is volume rendering, and there would be only the volume rendering even though you have added some polygon actors.
   so I want to ask : can the actors based on voxels (like volume rendering) and the actors based on polygons (like surface rendering or a sphere and so on) be renderred in the same render window at the same time?
   but if couldn't, why I could add a outline for my volume rendering? and a outline(class vtkOutlineFilter) is also renderred by vtkActor.
   if it could, could you tell me how could I add a polygon actor in volume rendering?  thank you for your help!
   M.J.