[vtkusers] Different colours within the same polydata?

Wesley Brooks wesbrooks at gmail.com
Tue May 6 09:06:10 EDT 2008

Dear Users,

I'm trying to visualize some data that is a collection of lines,
points and triangles. Is it possible to have some lines within the
same polydata a different colour to the others? If so how do you do
this? I'd also like to do the same thing with the points and
triangles. At the moment I have to split it up into different polydata
objects, creating an actor for each one then collecting all the actors
with an assembly. This is currently taking a long time to visualise
the data in either Windows or  Linux.

I'm running Python 2.4 and 2.5.

Cheers,

Wesley Brooks