[vtkusers] 5.2 or CVS head compile with X11 on Mac OS X 10.5.2?

Martin Costabel costabel at wanadoo.fr
Mon May 5 18:05:13 EDT 2008

Michael Halle wrote:
> Could someone post their configuration to successfully build VTK 5.2 or
> CVS head on Mac OS X 10.5.2 using X11 (ideally, wrapping Tcl and Python)?
>
> I've been fighting the GL dylib reimportation bug, but even with that
> working, I get a "vtk" executable that dumps core, or a Python build
> that can't find XAllocSizeHints.  I've even tried the Xquartz
> development version of X11, with no complete success.

In the Fink package for vtk-5.0.4, the following cmake flag takes care
of the GL dylib reimportation bug:

-DOPENGL_gl_LIBRARY:STRING="-L/usr/X11R6/lib -lGL -dylib_file
/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGL.dylib:/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGL.dylib"

No idea if more recent versions of vtk need something different.

--
Martin