[vtkusers] texture mapping animation

T.R.Shashwath trshash84 at gmail.com
Sun May 4 00:16:50 EDT 2008

On Saturday 03 May 2008 20:58:51 Darren Weber wrote:
> I have a closed surface where the faces contain triangles of the points,
> eg:
>
> vtkSurf = vtk.vtkPolyData()
> vtkSurf.SetPoints(points)
> vtkSurf.SetPolys(faces)
>
> I also have a time-series of scalar values for every point.  How do I
> display one time-point with a reasonable colormap?  How do I create a loop
> that changes the point values that map into the colormap?
>
> Thanks in advance, Darren

Hi,

You'll have to create a vtkPointData instance to add to your surface. You can
assign the scalar values of each point to that point data, and turn on scalar
color mode in the poly data mapper. That will display one time-point. If you
want to do an animation of the time-series, just replace all the point values
again.

-- Shash