[vtkusers] paraview: black 3D view

Gerd Meiser gerdmeiser at yahoo.com
Thu May 1 19:09:45 EDT 2008

Hello!

I have a problem with paraview on a linux machine (ubuntu 7.04) with matrox g440 graphics card.

The 3D view (right half of the paraview window) remains black no matter which dataset is loaded. The data is definitely loaded (correct values in the information tab) and can be displayed on another machine without problems.

Similary Mayavi doesn't display any 3D graphics. Here the view is not black, but it is not updated at all, so that other windows which are moved across the 3D display area leave traces behind in this area.

Surprisingly, other self-compiled VTK applications and OpenGL applications (for example glgears) run without problems (well, to be exact: the display is not always updated under the mouse cursor, so that sometimes a single, ugly, box appears shortly, but besides this the output is fine).

Has anybody ever seen similar problems?
Obviously some graphics drivers or settings are wrong. But I don't have enough experience to know which information you might need to analyze what's wrong. Any ideas?

Regards,
G. Meiser