[vtkusers] Release Memory after rendering

Mohamed Ben Reguiga breguiga_mh at yahoo.fr
Mon Mar 31 13:41:41 EDT 2008

Hello all,
the problem I'm facing is that when I close the QVTKWidget, the memory allocated for rendering the volume and not the memory allocated for the reader , still not released even I delete all the actors, Mappers and the vtkVolume itself.
How can I find the Memory that VTK allocate for rendering the volume or how can I free it ?

this is how I proceed in just before closing the QVTKWidget:

delete []((unsigned char *)data2->GetScalarPointer());// data2 is a vtkStructredPoints *
data2->Delete();// this is the only way I found to release the memoryu allocated for the reader.

rndr3D->RemoveVolume(vlm);//rndr3D is vtkRendrer*
vlm->Delete(); //vlm is the vtkVolume*
rndr3D->Delete();

thank you for your help.