[vtkusers] [repost] Storing color Information in a Polydata, VTP (XML) file

Olumide 50295 at web.de
Fri Mar 28 00:04:43 EDT 2008

Hi -

I'm using VTK to visualize data generated by an external application I'm
writing (my app can now generate VTP files), and I need to differentiate
the various bits of data (i.e. point and lines) with different colors.
I'm sure the old format supports color, but I'm not sure it the new
formats do.

If this is possible, would someone please post a short sample VTP file
containing color information (the file format document only makes sense
to me when I see a sample file).

Many thanks,

- Olumide