[vtkusers] Runtime error with wrapped TCL applications

Béatrice RAVIER beatrice.ravier at cdr.hutchinson.fr
Mon Mar 31 10:22:23 EDT 2008

Hello,

I really need some help for solving my problem. Does anyone can help me?

I’m trying to wrap my TCL application “myappli.tcl” in which there is the
following instructions :

            lappend auto_path C:/Arpack/Vtk4.2/lib/vtk/tcl

            package require vtk

            package require vtkinteraction

I’m working on Windows and I’m using TclPro1.4 and VTK4.2.

I’m wrapping my TCL application “myappli.tcl” in which there is the
following instruction:

            lappend auto_path C:/Arpack/Vtk4.2/lib/vtk/tcl

            package require vtk

When I’m running the binary file “myappli.exe” on my own machine, everything
is OK.

BUT when I run the same “myappli.exe” on another machine, the run fails with
the following message:

“Cannot find package vtk while executing “package require vtk”

The only difference between the 2 machines is that TclPro1.4 is not
installed on the machine where the run fails.

Béatrice RAVIER

CDR - Hutchinson S.A.

Responsable Développement Logiciels

beatrice.ravier at cdr.hutchinson.fr

Tel. (33)01 40 89 55 15    Fax. (33)01 40 89 55 21