[vtkusers] Displaying two images using different colors

Patrick D. Emond patrickdemond at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 22:23:15 EDT 2008

Hi vtkusers,

I was wondering if someone could help point me in the right direction to
get a desired result.  I've got two scalar images (vtkImageData), both
with a single component, that I'd like to display as a single image
where one image shows as a color (say red) and the other as a different
color (say green) such that the colors are combined where the images
overlap (red+green=yellow) or black where both images have intensities of 0.

I've looked at vtkImageAppendComponents to do the job, but when I try
displaying its output I still get a grayscale image instead of the
multicolor image I was expecting.

Thanks,
Patrick