[vtkusers] vtkFeatureEdges will only appear blue and not any other colors

William E Lucarell welucarell at equityeng.com
Wed Mar 26 16:17:23 EDT 2008

I've been playing around with vtkFeatureEdges to represent a mesh.  I have
an actor for my mesh based on my geometry filter.  The correct edges occur;
however, when I set the color and the edge color, the edges are still blue.
I want them to be black so I used the SetColor(r,g,b) method after calling
the GetProperty() method of the vtkActor.  Why are my edges still blue and
not black?

    geometryFilter = new vtkGeometryFilter();

    geometryFilter.SetInput(TestMesh);

    geometryFilter.Update();

    geometry = new vtkFeatureEdges();

    geometry.SetFeatureAngle(80);

    geometry.NonManifoldEdgesOff();

    geometry.BoundaryEdgesOn();

    geometry.FeatureEdgesOff();

    geometry.ManifoldEdgesOn();

    geometry.SetColoring(0);

    geometry.SetInput(geometryFilter.GetOutput());

    // Add the outline mapper and actor

    geometryMapper = new vtkPolyDataMapper();

    geometryMapper.SetInput(geometry.GetOutput());

    geometryActor = new vtkActor();

    geometryActor.SetMapper(geometryMapper);

    geometryActor.GetProperty().SetEdgeColor(0,0,0);

    geometryActor.GetProperty().SetColor(0,0,0);

    geometryActor.GetProperty().SetRepresentationToWireframe();

    geometryActor.GetProperty().SetLineWidth(0.5);

Thanks,

Bill