[vtkusers] Drawing objects on Rendering windows and dragging them with the mouse

Cameron Burnett w_e_b_m_a_s_t_e_r_6_9 at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 16 11:33:25 EDT 2008

The dragging can be done with widgets. Have a look at the Cone6 example which shows how to use a vtkBoxWidget in a 3D environment. I would imagine you could use a similar approach for your 2D XY plot. Also check out the other widgets available. They're in the VTK book, but I'm sure you could find a description on the net somewhere.

I'm not too sure about how to draw stuff, but I think vtkPicker might be of use to select some points. Then you could possibly take those points and feed them into something that generates your line or rectangle. Not exactly sure though because I haven't used vtkPicker before. Its just something to look into.