[vtkusers] Cocoa sample build problems

Matthew Sottile mjsottile at mac.com
Fri Mar 14 22:45:36 EDT 2008

Hello-

I am attempting to build the Cocoa sample that comes with VTK 5.1
(from CVS, version as of today).  I followed the instructions included
with it to set up the cmake files and build VTK, which went fine.  I
am also able to build and run the Examples during the VTK build
process.  I am unable to get the XCode project working though.  I saw
a previous post from late last year that sounded similar to the issue
I am seeing (http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2007-November/093270.html
).  I am on OSX 10.5.2, XCode 3.  The errors I see are all similar to
this:

   "_close$UNIX2003", referenced from:
       __tiffCloseProc in libvtktiff.a(tif_unix.o)
       _vtk_TIFFOpen in libvtktiff.a(tif_unix.o)

I set the active build configuration to Debug, set the target SDK in
the project info to Mac OS X 10.4 (Universal), set the Base SDK Path
to the same location VTK used (/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk).

Is there another setting somewhere that I am missing?  I am new to
XCode, so I could be missing something obvious -- I have used VTK
previously in an X11 setting, and was hoping to see how it went
combined with Cocoa.

Thanks for any assistance you can give.
-matt