[vtkusers] Using Cmake for VTK + Qt applications on a Mac

Shriram Iyer shriram.uc at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 11:10:28 EDT 2008

Hi everyone,

I need help with getting cmake to work on a Mac for compiling VTK + Qt
applications. I was able to compile Qt 4.3.4 and VTK 5.0.4 without too much
trouble. But now, when I try running cmake on my project I get the following
error:

CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
#:7:
LOAD_COMMAND Attempt to load command failed from file
"libcmVTK_WRAP_TCL2.so"
Current CMake stack:
[2]    /usr/local/lib/vtk-5.0/UseVTK.cmake
[1]    /Users/shriram/Development/Endurance/CMakeLists.txt
CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
/usr/local/lib/vtk-5.0/UseVTK.cmake:35:
A command failed during the invocation of macro
"VTK_LOAD_SINGLE_CMAKE_EXTENSION".
CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
#:27:
VTK_LOAD_SINGLE_CMAKE_EXTENSION unknown error.
Current CMake stack:
[2]    /usr/local/lib/vtk-5.0/UseVTK.cmake
[1]    /Users/shriram/Development/Endurance/CMakeLists.txt
CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
/usr/local/lib/vtk-5.0/UseVTK.cmake:35:
A command failed during the invocation of macro "VTK_LOAD_CMAKE_EXTENSIONS".
CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
/usr/local/lib/vtk-5.0/UseVTK.cmake:35:
VTK_LOAD_CMAKE_EXTENSIONS unknown error.
Current CMake stack:
[2]    /usr/local/lib/vtk-5.0/UseVTK.cmake
[1]    /Users/shriram/Development/Endurance/CMakeLists.txt
The end of a CMakeLists file was reached with an IF statement that was not
closed properly.
Within the directory: /Users/shriram/Development/Endurance
The arguments are: VTK_NEED_LOADED_COMMANDS
The end of a CMakeLists file was reached with an IF statement that was not
closed properly.
Within the directory: /Users/shriram/Development/Endurance
The arguments are: COMMAND VTK_WRAP_TCL2
-- Found Qt-Version 4.3.4
The end of a CMakeLists file was reached with an IF statement that was not
closed properly.
Within the directory: /Users/shriram/Development/Endurance
The arguments are: VTK_NEED_LOADED_COMMANDS
The end of a CMakeLists file was reached with an IF statement that was not
closed properly.
Within the directory: /Users/shriram/Development/Endurance
The arguments are: COMMAND VTK_WRAP_TCL2
-- Configuring done

I'm not sure what's causing the problem here. I have tried three versions of
cmake including the CVS version.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Shriram