[vtkusers] Non-rigid body registration

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohiou.edu
Mon Mar 10 13:54:03 EDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-03-10 at 19:23 +0200, polys_poly at hotmail.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have two different DICOM MRI brain datasets taken from the same patient at months 0 and at month x with wich I create two different volumes. How can make non-rigid body registration of the two volumes? Can i do this in VTK? I found out that ITK supports registration but for images. How can this be done with volumes?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Polys
> _

ITK may work well for you.
You may want to join the ITK mailing list and read the ITK manual
http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf .

You should think of a volume as a 3D image. ITK is N-dimensional, that
is you could just as easily work with a 1d image (scanline, voltage
trace, or column of numbers), a 2d image (photograph, thin section, one
slice of a stack), a 3d image ( CT or MRI volume, thick section, many
thin sections, movie), a 4d image ( CT or MRI volume series...), or
images of any number of dimensions (whatever they may be).