[vtkusers] How to identify picked objects in a scene?

stoeltze at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de stoeltze at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Sun Mar 9 18:36:02 EDT 2008

Sorry that I could not make myself clear. I do exactly what you describe :
getting the mapper, getting its inputs and casting it with vtkPolyData. My
problem is, that I have several actors in the scene, each of them with an
associated vtkPolyData. How do I know which one I picked? I want to to
something like that:

IF Actor (vtkPolyData) x was picked DO action A
IF Actor (vtkPolyData) y was picked DO action B

For that purpose, I need to assign an ID to the actor, or in my case it
would be even better to have an ID associated to the vtkPolyData.

Hope, that clarifies things.

Steffen