[vtkusers] raw uncompressed binary data in VTK XML file

Server Levent Yilmaz leventyilmaz at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 21:36:00 EST 2008

Hi,

I'd like to output some simulation data in a vti file without using any
VTKwriter sinks (I won't be linking to VTK libraries).

Reading VTK file formats chapter in the user's guide, it *seems* that is it
possible to have raw (not encoded) and uncompressed appended data in VTK
file (I understand that it might violate XML specs but, I hope VTK readers
would be able to handle that anyway). But it is not specified what
attributes should be used for <VTKFile> and <AppendedData>. VTK examples are
of no help since they all contain compressed, base64 encoded data.

What are the correct attributes for having raw, uncompressed binary data in
a VTI file?

thanks,
Levent

--