[vtkusers] QPixmap::grabWidget() doesn't work for QVTKWidget

Alexey PETROV alexey.petrov at opencascade.com
Fri Mar 7 09:22:40 EST 2008

Shekhar wrote:
> Hi Manuel,
>
> Thats normal as far as my experience goes. You will need to get VTK to
> pull the OpenGL stuff out of the window. Use the
> vtkWindowToImageFilter class like:
No !!!
If you completely do not take care of performance and complexity, then
let it be.
But there is a more elegant, straightforward and clear solution -

    vtkRenderWindow* aWindow = anInteractor->getRenderWindow();
    unsigned char *aData = aWindow->GetRGBACharPixelData( 0,
                                                          0,

theHorizontalWindowDimension - 1,

theVerticalWindowDimension - 1,
                                                          0 );
    QImage anImage( aData,
                    theHorizontalDimension,
                    theVerticalDimension,
                    QImage::Format_ARGB32 );

    // OpenGL gives ABGR (i.e. RGBA backwards); Qt wants ARGB
    anImage = anImage.rgbSwapped();

    anImage = anImage.mirrored();

But surely, it will be much better if someone will show us a way, when
it could be done automatically through overriding of some QWidget
methods ...