[vtkusers] Bug in vtkImagePlaneWidget (?)

dean.inglis at camris.ca dean.inglis at camris.ca
Sat Jun 28 14:54:49 EDT 2008

Hi Lars,

Im not sure why this is happening. In any event,
in C++ you shouldnt be able to call a non-static
member function. Can you post
this as a possible bug to the bug tracker?

Dean

I'm using JAVA-bindings of VTK and had the problem that after an update
of VTK my ImagePlaneWidgets could not be (de)activated any more using
the Interaction Keys. I tracked it down to the change from Version 1.14
to 1.15 of vtkImagePlaneWidget.cxx.

More specifically, the new method OnChar(), overwriting
vtkInteractorObserver::OnChar(), seems to be at the heart of the
problem. When I comment out the method, everything works fine.

I changed the lines 430 and 435 in the actual version 1.18, i.e.
	this->Interactor->GetInteractorStyle()->OnChar();
	vtkInteractorObserver::OnChar();
and everything works again.