[vtkusers] Bug in vtkImagePlaneWidget (?)

Lars Matthäus lars.matthaeus at web.de
Fri Jun 27 12:33:36 EDT 2008

Hi,

I'm using JAVA-bindings of VTK and had the problem that after an update
of VTK my ImagePlaneWidgets could not be (de)activated any more using
the Interaction Keys. I tracked it down to the change from Version 1.14
to 1.15 of vtkImagePlaneWidget.cxx.

More specifically, the new method OnChar(), overwriting
vtkInteractorObserver::OnChar(), seems to be at the heart of the
problem. When I comment out the method, everything works fine.

I changed the lines 430 and 435 in the actual version 1.18, i.e.
	this->Interactor->GetInteractorStyle()->OnChar();
	vtkInteractorObserver::OnChar();
and everything works again.

I would suggest this as a fix, but as I have little knowledge of C++,
I'm not quite aware of what I'm doing here ... Could somebody (dean?)
check and comment?

Thanks,
Lars