[vtkusers] Two Simple Drawing Questions

dream_noir kyle.charbonneau at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 12:11:30 EDT 2008

I have two pretty simple questions regarding drawing lines and shapes in VTK
in 3D.

First, I'm drawing shapes using vtkPoints() and vtkCellArray() then adding
them as points and lines to a vtkPolyData(). This works fine for drawing the
frame of the shape but what if I want the shape to be filled in? I'm
assuming it is just a simple filter I need to do this but I haven't had any
luck getting it working

Second, a vtkCellArray allows me to draw straight lines with ease but I also
need to draw some curved lines. I can always add a few points along the line
to give the illusion of a curved line using straight lines but is there an
easy way to draw a curved line between two points? Again is there a way to
do this. Thanks.