[vtkusers] vtk transparency problem

clinton at elemtech.com clinton at elemtech.com
Fri Jun 20 14:52:19 EDT 2008

On Friday 20 June 2008 11:46:41 am Tracy Hu wrote:
> I wonder if you could briefly look at my code below? I implemented
> everything as you suggested. But in the resulted two triangles, blue one
> always appear in front of red one no matter how I rotate them. Did I do
> something incorrect? I'm using vtk5.3

See attached code (modified from yours) which illustrates the problem that
this transparency method solves.  Try it with and without the painter that
does the 2 pass rendering with culling.
This method is not intended to mix colors perfectly, which is what you seem to
be after.  Its intended to remove some artifacts that you can see if you
don't use the painter.

Clint