[vtkusers] Use of vtkCellArray's InsertNextCell method from java

gbiv gbivins4 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 09:05:29 EDT 2008

Hi Phil,
The problem is that cells are implicitly defined in StructuredGrids, ie each
cell's topology is defined only by the  x/y/z spacing and the overall bounds
of the dataset. Therefore the InsertNextCell method isn't needed. Only
UnstructuredGrids implement the InsertNextCell method.
(See example for structured grids)
http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/Examples/DataManipulation
/Cxx/SGrid.cxx?root=VTK&content-type=text/plain

If you are really only wanting to create a cube try using vtkCubeSource or
if you want 8 individual planes try vtkPlaneSource.

biv