[vtkusers] Casting vtkPNGReader to vtkImageReader2

John Eke johne at annidis.com
Wed Jun 18 09:49:02 EDT 2008

Thanks Amy,

I am trying to find a way to successfully call SetInput and
SetInputConnection on vtkPNGReader. I have a scenario where I am reading
a PNG file and displaying it, but external classes need access to the
image data, ie external processes need to be able to connect to the
pipeline via SetInput and SetInputConnection.

Would you suggest I maybe save the image in some filter without any
transformations? that way the input and output image data remain the
same and I also have access to SetInput, SetInputConnection, GetOutput
and GetOutputPort

Thanks