[vtkusers] compiling on Cygwin

Deirdre Wendel dew52 at columbia.edu
Sat Jun 14 01:28:44 EDT 2008

I'm running into a persistent error message in trying to compile on Cygwin.

  The message states "In function LResult vtkTk RenderWidgetProc(HWND__*,UINT,WPARAM,LPARAM)" "invalid use of undefined type 'struct _XDisplay'."
  in the files Rendering/vtkTkRenderWidget.cxx and Rendering/vtkTKImageViewerWidget.cxx.

  Also the process of building cxx objects on my machine is extremely slow (even though it's a dual processor 1.8GHz machine with plenty of RAM and free disk space).

  Any help would be appreciated.

  Thanks
  Deirdre