[vtkusers] 64bit VTK for OS X

Matthias Riechmann riechmann at ira.uka.de
Wed Jun 11 08:14:17 EDT 2008

Hi,

since there already is an (alpha) version of Qt 64 for Mac OS X (GUI
using COCOA and not CARBON) I would like to build a 64 bit version of
VTK 5.0.4 with support for the QVTK widget. Problem is: The switch
"VTK_USE_QVTK" only appears when activating "VTK_USE_CARBON" as well.
As far as I remember building VTK for both frameworks doesn't work or
am I wrong?

Do you plan to adapt VTK to the new QT that makes use of COCOA in the
near future? Or is there any workaround?

Matthias