[vtkusers] about vtkInputPort.h

Peter F Bradshaw pfb at exadios.com
Mon Jun 9 01:28:17 EDT 2008

Hi;

vtkInputPort, etc, have not been used since VTK 4.5. VTK 5 has
introduced a vtkCommunicator class to handle interprocess communication.
Unfortunately the examples seem not to have been updated.

You can look in the tests for vtkMultiProcessController for hints on
how to use pipe line parallism.

In order to port some old code to VTK 5 I have put vtkInputPort,
vtkOutputPort, etc, into my own tree. You can see them at:

http://multibeam.cvs.sourceforge.net/multibeam/src/C%2B%2B/Common/Vtk/Parallel/

On Tue, 27 May 2008, guachong133 wrote:

>  hello,
>
> I have met a problem with studying the VTK example "PipelineParallelism.cxx".
>
> I complied it using CMAKE and opened in visual .net 2003,and when building the resolution, a message "can't find vtkInputPort.h" turned out. Having search the file manually in the computer,the VTK does have't that file.
>
> Then I Searched Google,the file to be found in the version 4.0 and 4.2,but I am not sure if they can work in the version 5.04.
>
> So I am very eager to know how I can get a file "vtkInputPort.h" in the version 5.04 or I can use an earlier vresion to in that example.
>
> thanks!

Cheers

--
Peter F Bradshaw: http://www.exadios.com (public keys avaliable there).