[vtkusers] vtkActor to file

Cameron Burnett w_e_b_m_a_s_t_e_r_6_9 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 3 15:49:42 EDT 2008

In my program I am sending the result of a vtkContourFilter through to this....

    vtkPolyDataWriter *fileWriter = vtkPolyDataWriter::New();
    fileWriter->SetInput(contour->GetOutput());
    fileWriter->SetFileName("outputVTK.vtk");
    fileWriter->SetFileTypeToASCII();
    fileWriter->Update();

Maybe there are functions to get the contour of a vtkActor. Not sure.

Hope that helps a bit,
Cameron.