[vtkusers] Delete vtkobjects properly in MFC

Andreas Brüning mail-andi at web.de
Thu Jul 31 10:11:29 EDT 2008

Hi everyone,

i need help to clean up my application. I visualize some medical data and i am using C++,MFC and VS2005. My vtk version is a nightly version from around a week ago. By the way, regarding to my post on July/29, i solved the problem with memory leaks without creating any vtk objects by loading all vtk dll delayed. (strange MFC behavoir )

My new problem is that i canŽt clean up my created vtk objects properly.  I call the Delete method for all my vtk objects and when i debug my code all vtk objects are deleted, but the memory isnŽt completely freed. If i handle bigger datasets it leaks more. I also checked twice if forget to call a Delete method a vtk object ;-)

Even if i create a object like maybe vtkImport (because it seems to be a quite big object) and call the Delete method immediately after it, the object is deleted but the memory isnŽt freed.

I googled already half a day and i don't want to restart my programm all the time if i visualize another dataset. Did anybody had the same thing or know want can be wrong? I think it could be another wrong project property setting or maybe i use CMake with wrong settings.

I could really need help. Thank in advance
Andi