[vtkusers] Turning Auto Rescaling Off on vtkActor2D

Sarah Macumber S.Macumber at QuestReliability.com
Wed Jul 30 11:13:22 EDT 2008

Hi Gerrick,

The issue was "relative to the window" .  SetWidth and SetHeight set the position as a fraction of the viewport
and not as an absolute size so that when the window resizes so does the scalar bar.  Ideally I would just like
to set a minimum size so that the scalar bar never becomes illegible but that doesn't seem possible.

Currently I am trying to use the ScalarBarWidget to give the user control over resizing it when it becomes too
small.  The problem with that is that when I use the Widget I loose control over setting its width, height and position
and it begins as a square in the bottom right corner no matter that the ScalarBarActor attached to the Widget is set
correctly.

Thanks Gerrick,
Sarah

________________________________

From: vtkusers-bounces at vtk.org on behalf of Gerrick Bivins
Sent: Wed 7/30/2008 9:05 AM
To: vtkusers at vtk.org
Subject: Re: [vtkusers] Turning Auto Rescaling Off on vtkActor2D

Hi Sarah,
How is your vtkScalarBarActor set up? At what point does it become
unreadable? Can you provide a screen cap of the problem. I'm using
vtkScalarBarActor w/o issues when resizing my window.

Here is my setup:
        scalarbar = new vtkScalarBarActor();
        scalarbar.SetOrientationToHorizontal();

scalarbar.GetPositionCoordinate().SetCoordinateSystemToNormalizedViewport();
        scalarbar.GetPositionCoordinate().SetValue(.2,.05);

        scalarbar.SetWidth( 0.7 );
        scalarbar.SetHeight( 0.1 );
        scalarbar.SetPosition( 0.1, 0.01 );
        scalarbar.SetLabelFormat("%-#6.3f");
        scalarbar.GetTitleTextProperty().SetFontFamilyToArial();
        scalarbar.GetTitleTextProperty().SetFontSize( 12 );
        scalarbar.GetLabelTextProperty().SetFontFamilyToArial();
        scalarbar.GetLabelTextProperty().SetFontSize(10);
        scalarbar.GetLabelTextProperty().SetJustificationToCentered();

This keeps it placed at the bottom of my window with all of it's properties
(width,height,position) relative to the window.
Gerrick