[vtkusers] [Insight-users] LSM Reader in ITK / VTK - bio-formats

Gaëtan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Wed Jul 30 05:21:24 EDT 2008

Hi Dan,

About bioformats, you may be interested by the small code I made last
week to use it from python (with wrapitk).

   http://voxel.jouy.inra.fr/darcs/contrib-itk/bioformats/

It uses a very rough approach: it converts a file in a tif format with
bioformats, read the tif within itk, and change the spacing (which is
not passed in the tif).
Very rough, but it works :-)

I'm now able to read the awful zvi format without problem :-)

Of course, it would be way better to do the same in C++, so it would
be usable without python.

Gaëtan

PS: I think that zvi is even worth than LSM — IIRC, it stores VB
serialized object, and so is nearly unusable on anything excepted M$
Windows™ without a huge development effort.