[vtkusers] vtkPropPicker tolerance?

Julian Ibarz julian.ibarz at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 04:53:18 EDT 2008

2008/7/28 Sercani <sercanimailgroups at gmail.com>

>  Hi Julian;
>
> Thanks for your reply, I've looked at vtkVisibleCellSelection class and
> your bug patches, it is really what I need but I don't know how to use these
> patches…

 If you are under linux. Go through the root path of VTK and make :

patch -p0 < file.patch

On windows i don't know, it is to you to find an equivalent of linux patch
program.

> And there are a couple of questions in my mind. I am using wxWidgets mouse
> events instead of vtkRenderWindowInteractor for mouse interaction, and i
> must use these selections in mouse motion event too(for cursor change), can
> vtkVisibleCellSelection be fast as vtkPropPicker?

I don't know. make tests but I think it's the same speed (but if the
algorithm of vtkPropPicker is not the same, it can be faster than
vtkVisibleCellSelection).

> And how can I use it with backface culling?

Normally the backface culling is take in care on the pick selection and if
not it's a bug. What do you mean exactly ?

--
Julian Ibarz