[vtkusers] vtkImageMultipleInputOutputfilter: allocate mem for outputs?

Mark Stoutjesdijk mark at stoutjesdijk.net
Sun Jul 27 04:17:25 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I have a question about the use of the vtkImageMultipleInputOutputFilter. I
am writing a mean shift filter, which takes an unknown number of
vtkImageData inputs n (>=1) and outputs an equal number of vtkImageData
objects.

In my particular case, each vtkImageData object reflects a parameter overlay
image, and I would prefer to not transform all the vtkImageData to just one
object with multiple scalar components.

How should I handle memory allocation for the multiple outputs? In other
words, how do I make sure I can write data to a voxel in (let's say) the
third output? There is not a single .cxx file in the vtk source that uses
vtkImageMultipleInputOutputFilter as a parent class, as far as I can tell.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated,

Mark Stoutjesdijk